Tuesday 24 February 2015

wk 8 - Anything Goes - Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

Happy Digi Choosday everyone!
It Tuesday again so that means it’s time for another challenge here at Digi Choosday.

We also still have a Facebook Colouring DT call running over at Polkadoodles so head over and check that out too - we are looking for some amazing colouring addicts so please please go and have a look if colouring is your first love!....

The Winners of our In the Pink challenge can be found at the end of the post

Our New challenge this week is everyone's favourite

Anything Goes!!

You can make anything you like maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor.  You can use any products to enter and you can make anything you like so long as it fits the challenge theme! 
We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.
We give you two weeks to enter so that means you have until 10th March 2015 to enter and the winners will be announced on 17th March 2015. The winner will receive a £5 voucher to the Polkadoodles Digistore so check out what you COULD win! 

So let’s see what the design team have made for us.

Scatty Jan For my anything Goes I have made a Letter box for my Granddaughters bedroom to go on one of her shelves- The box was cut on my portrait and once made are so much fun to decorate. I have used the Octavia Moonfly Collection - The image Octavia Dragonfly is also available as a digi download that you can find here. And also the Paper from the collection that I have used is available as a download bundle here. I have coloured her with Graph'It Markers and added some glamour dust to her wings for a little sparkle. Finished off with a little bling and some dewdrops.

Lynda:  For our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week I used the background paper, digi stamp and embellishments from the Work and Play 3 collection which is gorgeous. (except the yellow polka-dot paper which is from Work and Play 5)  Work and Play 3 is available on a cd or as a digital download. I hope you have fun with this weeks challenge Lynda xx 


Anjie - My make started out life as a plain MDF pen holder that I got at a craft show last year.


I started with priming the bare would with white gesso putting two coats around the edges so I wouldn't have to cover them with paper. I then printed 2 sheets of paper out from the fabulous Dollie Goes Daydream East download. This is also available as a CD should you wish to get it that way.
I then covered the pen holder inside and out with the paper and added some faux stitching around the edge with a fine black pen. I then painted over the whole thing with Glassy Gel to make it more robust and to stop the paper peeling off. I then chose all my embellishments and printed them out, cut them out and then painted over them with Iridescent Paste to give them some shimmer. I then put them on 3D foam and glued them in place. Finally I made some rolled roses from the left over paper. This now has pride of place on my desk for pens that I use regularly.
Caz For my Anything Goes project i decided to make a hanging canvas..I have used the gorgeous Octavia Moonfly Unicorn Digi..Coloured with Graph its.  Papers and flowers as well as the digi can all be found on the fabby Octavia Moonfly collection available as a CD or as a Download.


Jane – Hi everyone!  So for the Anything Goes challenge I decided to recycle a little wooden box that I received at Christmas that used to contain chocolate gingers (all gone now of course)! All the papers, elements and also the image are from Winston Full Collection which is one of my faves. The cute Winston Bear Get in Touch can also be purchased separately! 
The box contains small 4" x 4" cards all of the same design! Ideal for keeping in touch!  Enjoy your day! xxx

Wendy - I've tried something this week I haven't done in a long time, I've done paper piecing. The image I've used is Maddie Twirling Curls. I've coloured her face with Graph'its and all the papers used in the image are taken from the Tail Feather bundle.


Monica.-Gardening is not my thing. I kill allmost every plant I touch. Eventhough I love gardens full of flowers. This week my project is a 3d garden, made with the lovely elements of  Picknix 1.-In the Garden, the gardener from Work and Play 2 and the new cutting files.


Nikki - For my "Anything Goes" inspiration card, I chose the gorgeous Opera Singer Girl.... She is AMAZING.... I inked her up with my Copic markers... she was so much fun to ink up. You can find her as a single download OR why not buy the whole Work and Play 8 collection? The sentiment I used was also from the collection CD. The paper is from the newly released Octavia Moonfly collection. You can also buy the digital paper pack here!


Tanya - I was spoiled for choice this week with what to create with the open theme of ‘Anything Goes’, but thought I would stick with card making this week and use the fab Work & Play 3 collection  which you can find HERE.  I used the cloud paper, coloured digi images and a sentiment from one of the sheets and got busy with my sharp scissors to do a little bit of decoupage which I love love love.  You can buy the single black and white digis of the GIRL and BOY too.  How cute is the caravan???  Can’t wait to see what you all create for this week’s challenge.


KateI decided to go Clean & Simple and coloured the fab Dollie Daydream Birthday image and coloured her with Pro Markers, adding glossy accents to the candle on the cupcake. The sentiment is from my stash and I mounted the image onto red card, then onto a plain white 6x6" card blank

Yvonne - Hi everyone, well after a few weeks of being on a break from my markers, I have eventually coloured again and what better character to get your markers out for than Octavia?! Yes, like so many of my teamies, I cannot resist the lushness of the Octavia Moonfly collection. You can get it as a complete digi download, or in smaller digi bundles, or as a CD-Rom. I opted for Octavia Wistful. I coloured her with my Graph'It Markers, a range of which you can find here. The papers are from the collection too. I coloured the blue paper flower with my markers to get the look I wanted and I also coloured the ribbon too to the colour I wanted. I embossed the backing paper to give it some texture and I edged around it with the same distress ink I used on the image. I had so much fun making this card! 


Great makes from everyone I’m sure you will agree.

Add your entry using the linky tool below. Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Now for the winner and top three from week 5 in the pink

The winner chosen at random is:
14 - Darcy
please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW05001 to claim your prize of a free digi.

And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
30 - Claire C
39- Mimi
42 - Andrea
Grab your blinkies from the side bar!

Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx