Tuesday 5 August 2014

wk 31 Shabby Chic...Digi Choosday challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

Did you manage to catch Nikky on Create and craft this week? If not, head over to the website to see our fabulous new products. You can find them all HERE.

The challenge we have set for the DT and you this week is
Shabby Chic

If you are not clear about what Shabby Chic means here is the Wikipedia definition for you.

Shabby chic...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shabby chic (pronounced: "sheek") is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their appearance of age and signs of wear and tear or where new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, opulent, yet cottage-style decor, often with an affected feel is emphasized to differentiate it from genuine period decor.

So we have taken that same definition and applied it to crafting.
To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.
You have until 19th August to enter and the winner will be announced on 2nd September, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive 3 free digi images from the (Digi Store)

Before we see what the design team have made, here are the winners from week 28 Tag It
The winner chosen at random is:

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk31001wk28 to claim your prize of a 3 free digis.

And the top 3 chosen by the design team are:

# 4 Jenny 
Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.


So let’s see what the team have made for us for this weeks challenge! 

Scatty Jan For this weeks creation I used a big mixture of products. I used the lush digi by Emma Canning , Sew and Sew . Coloured with Graph'It Markers. The papers, roses and butterflies are from Rose Budd Collection and the sewing bits and bobs are from Picknix collection 1  xx

                                        
Wendy - I have loved this weeks theme, takes me back to my crafting roots! The main image on the candle box is from Emma Canning, Lemonade Sale and coloured with Graph'Its.The papers on the box and the images laid into the candle are all from Heavenly Garden on the Picknix Collection.

Julie  I really struggled with this theme unlike Wendy - The gorgeous image I have used is called Dollie Daydream - Belle of the Ball and is available in the Polkadoodles DigiWorld HERE
The gorgeous paper is from Polka Doodles Rose Budd CD 
(I added frayed burlap distress ink around the edges - also around the edges of the image) 
Sharon - For this weeks challenge I have used only the papers from the new Work and Play 6 bonus collection to demonstrate how versatile these collections are. I have distressed the edges of the papers with my scissors. These, the doily and the lace were then inked with some distress ink. I used Kraft card to mat these onto and cut the leaves. I die cut the flowers and added buttons threaded with some burlap cord. The sentiment is from the same collection and has again been distressed with ink.
  
Yvonne - Hello! Well Shabby Chic is not really my forte, but I think I did it and more importantly, I quite like it! I made a criss cross card and the papers I used are from the beautiful Rose Budd CD-Rom Collection - the papers in this collection are beautiful! I added a little bit of lace to the edges and I printed off some of the embellies from the Rose Budd for the focus of the card. A few flowers and some gems and I was happy with the effect. Hope you like it! 



Crafting Vicky - OK so here's another challenge that I dreaded... I'm not good in the genre challenges lol I don't do a certain style... so shabby chic is not easy for me!  But then I came across the awesome image Federicka - Libby Carefree and that was the starting point!!!!  I used the fabulous papers the set Classic hears paper and some from Rose Papers.  I distress the entire card... used some vintage lace and I hope that I have achieved the Shabby chic look!

Anjie - On my make this week the image is from Emma Canning and is called 3 scoops. I love this image as I love ice cream! I can't seem to get enough of it lately lol 
She is coloured with my Graph'It Markers. The papers are from the Rose Papers Download Bundle. I have used a distressing tool to rough the edges of everything and then used the Tea Dye Distress Ink around the edges. The rolled roses are from the same papers then ink and glittered.

Stunning inspiration from the team as always! Thanks for joining us this week - we look forward to seeing all your entries!! x

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx